If you’re tired of paying a big cable bill each month, you may find that cutting the cord and subscribing to Hulu + Live TV is a great money-saving solution in 2023.
This live TV streaming service is an option for people looking to leave the cable company behind for good. Others include Sling TV and .In this article, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Hulu’s live television subscription service.
This article was updated in May 2023 and I review it once per month. Detailed notes on all updates can be found here.
Latest Hulu + Live TV Updates
- Hulu + Live TV announced on May 4, 2023 that it will be adding PBS, PBS Kids and Magnolia Network to the base subscription package. There will be no accompanying price increase.
- As of May 2023, Hulu has reportedly resolved a carriage dispute with Sinclair that prevented some customers from receiving local ABC affiliates.
- Effective March 1, 2023, Boomerang was removed from the base subscription channel package for Hulu + Live TV. It still is available via the Entertainment Add On, which is an additional $7.99 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV added The CW to its base channel subscription in February 2023.
- Thanks to price hikes activated in the final quarter of 2022, Hulu + Live TV customers now receive the ad-supported version of Disney+ as part of the $69.99 monthly subscription. It previously included ad-free Disney+.
- Hulu + Live TV added 14 new channels to its service in November 2022, including Hallmark Channel and The Weather Channel.
What Is Hulu + Live TV? Team Clark Reviews the Live TV Streaming Service
Monthly Price: $69.99
Channels: 98 (Full list)
Free Trial: None ()
Cloud DVR Hours: Unlimited
Simultaneous Streams: 2
Local Channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC
Regional Sports: NBC Sports channels only
Supported Streaming Devices: Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Apple TV and select smart TVs ()
When you see Hulu advertised, you may think of the video streaming service that has featured on-demand TV series and movies for years.
But what you may not know is that the company also has a live TV streaming service, called Hulu + Live TV, and it offers many of the most popular TV channels on the market.The “plus” in the name means you’ll get both services for one price. So you’ll enjoy popular TV channels in addition to the aforementioned on-demand library from Hulu that includes popular original content like The Handmaid’s Tale.
In addition to the on-demand content from Hulu, you’ll also have access to more popular streaming options from Disney+ and .Practically speaking, you’re receiving all three streaming services included with The Disney Bundle along with your Hulu + Live TV subscription. And unlike cable or satellite, this will come without cable box fees, a dish or a long-term commitment. You can cancel at any time.
“What makes Hulu + Live TV interesting to me is that it’s a combo of Hulu on-demand programming and Hulu Live, which is basically like traditional pay TV,” money expert Clark Howard says.
Team Clark has tested Hulu + Live TV and the other major live TV streaming services. Read on to learn what you need to know before you sign up!
Table of Contents:
- 耀竣金融配资_在线配资炒股:Channel Lineup
- 耀竣金融配资_在线配资炒股:Cloud DVR
- Supported Devices
- 耀竣金融配资_在线配资炒股:Multiple Streams
1. What Channels Do You Get With Hulu + Live TV?
Unlike many of its competitors that offer several different subscription options, Hulu + Live TV keeps it simple with just one basic package.And it’s a pretty solid one. For $69.99 per month, Hulu + Live TV includes dozens of channels and access to the provider’s entire streaming library. For an additional $5.99 per month, you can watch the on-demand content ad-free. You’ll want to visit the website to confirm local channel availability by . Where I live, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC affiliate stations are included with a Hulu + Live TV subscription.
(You may notice that many regional sports networks (RSNs) are not included; that’s because of 耀竣金融配资_在线配资炒股:contract disputes with a channel provider.)Team Clark has assembled a searchable list of Hulu + Live TV’s channel offerings.
|Hulu + Live TV ($69.99)|
|ABC News Live|
|Big Ten Network|
|CBS Sports Network|
|Crime & Investigation|
|ESPN College Extra|
|FOX Business Network|
|FOX News Channel|
|FOX Sports 1|
|FOX Sports 2|
|Hallmark Movies & Mysteries|
|Lifetime Movie Network|
|Nat Geo Wild|
|OWN – Oprah Winfrey Network|
|The Weather Channel|
Add-On Channel PackagesJust because there is one basic live TV streaming package doesn’t mean your options are limited to that channel menu. For additional fees, you can get add-on packages that are tailored to specific channel interests. Sports fans will be happy to learn that Hulu + Live TV recently added a sports package that includes the popular NFL RedZone Channel for an additional $9.99 per month.
|Entertainment Add-on ($7.99)||Español Add-on ($4.99)||Sports Add-on ($9.99)|
|American Heroes Channel|
|Crime & Investigation|
|Discovery en Español|
|Great American Country|
|History en Español|
Disney+ and ESPN+ Are Now Included
In addition to the on-demand content from Hulu, you’ll also have access to more popular streaming options from Disney+ and ESPN+, which are now included with your Hulu + Live TV subscription.
Access to these streaming services was added in December 2021 as part of a service price increase from $64.99 to $69.99. The $69.99 subscription includes ad-supported Disney+ and ESPN+.Disney+ is one of the more popular family-oriented video streaming services thanks to a content library that includes both legacy classics and new originals from brands like Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney and National Geographic. ESPN+ offers live streams of select MLB, NHL, PGA and NCAA sporting events. It also has a robust on-demand library of sports-related content.
Premium Channels and ServicesIn addition to add-on channel packages, Hulu + Live TV also offers premium subscription services.
For example, you can pay $15 per month for an HBO Max subscription as a part of your monthly Hulu + Live TV bill. That content would be available to stream on your Hulu app alongside the content from your base subscription.Here’s a sampling of the premium channels or services that are available through Hulu + Live TV:
- HBO Max
2. Does Hulu + Live TV Include DVR?Hulu + Live TV has made some recent changes to its policy on DVR that are sure to make streamers happy. All Hulu + Live TV customers get unlimited cloud DVR storage with their subscriptions. This lets you record and watch your favorite live TV shows, movies or sports games from any of your devices.
3. What Equipment Do I Need To Get Started?One of the biggest perks of cutting the cord and opting into a service like Hulu + Live TV is the variety of ways in which you can enjoy the content. Not only can you move seamlessly from device to device, but you can also take your recorded content with you thanks to the portability of the cloud DVR. So you can take your favorite movies and shows with you on vacation (more on this later). You can watch Hulu + Live TV on your phone, tablet or computer. But many of us still like to enjoy entertainment on a television from the comfort of our couches. Hulu + Live TV has you covered in that area, too.
The streaming service’s list of supported devices for TV includes:
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th gen or later)
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- LG TV (select models)
- Nintendo Switch
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- Roku and Roku Stick (select models)
- Samsung TV (select models)
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
4. Can I Watch Hulu With Live TV on Multiple Devices at the Same Time?
While Hulu + Live TV is available on quite a few devices, you’re going to find that the number of devices you can use at the same time is somewhat restrictive.You’re only allowed to watch on two screens at a time with your basic Hulu + Live TV subscription. However, you can upgrade to unlimited screens for an extra $9.99 per month. This gives you unlimited at-home streams and three additional streams for your portable devices.
According to Hulu’s website: “You’ll be able to stream Hulu on your mobile devices while you are traveling — just make sure you before you leave. You’ll need to do this once every 30 days to avoid any interruptions in service.”This requirement also rules out using one Hulu + Live TV subscription if you have more than one residence. Hulu’s same FAQ page suggests paying for a second subscription to remedy the issues of going back and forth between homes (yuck!).
Hulu + Live TV: Pros and Cons
|Access to local channels||The cost of add-ons can really add up!|
|Hulu’s on-demand streaming library is included.||Very few regional sports networks|
|Base package includes Disney+ and ESPN+.||Only two screens at once unless you upgrade|
耀竣金融配资_在线配资炒股:Hulu + Live TV offers a good variety of popular cable channels, which includes access to a good variety of sports and news channels in addition to your local channels. And the subscription comes with access to Hulu’s on-demand library for free.However, when compared to YouTube TV, you may find that Hulu + Live TV is more restrictive on things like multiple streams, and watching content while traveling. And since Hulu charges $5 more for a monthly subscription price, that may be hard to reconcile for streamers looking to get the most for their money.
Have you tried Hulu + Live TV? Share your experience in our wasabisushigrill.com Community!